Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally Getting Somewhere!!

So I make a blog, and rarely use it, how sad is that, haha. Doesn't mean I don't think about writing in it often. Wow, so school is over! It's been one of the roughest semesters I've taken. I decided to switch my major yet again, which is the final time I'm doing so. I decided to change it to Information Systems. After reviewing my many random credits I have, I decided to start venturing out and seeing what degrees I am able to get. So here it is, in the next 2-3 years I plan on having this much accomplished. As of Spring of 2010 I will finish my associates in IT/IS, and also in integrated studies. The following semester (if I don't take a break) will finish my associates in Business Management. Then I will go back to finish my bachelors in Information Systems, with a minor in communications. Sounds like quite load, but I'm a lot closer than I thought. So 1 bachelor, 2 associates and 1 minor isn't a bad way to go! So it finally feels like I'm getting somewhere in life. I can see somewhat of a light at the end, and opportunities are becoming more available, YAY!

So pretty much I'm ready for the warm weather to come again. This cold and snow kills me every year! Last winter wasn't too bad, I had someone too keep my mind of the miserable weather, but this year I'm on my own, haha. Fortunately I've been able to hit the gym up again, I found a new weight lifting partner who knows his way around the gym, so he's like my personal trainer which has been super nice! When you wake up in the morning and you can barely move because you're muscles have been worked to the max, you know you're doing something good! I'm also trying to train for a half marathon at the end of Spring semester. I'm excited! So many adventures to look forward too!! Recently, well within the last month, I've had this crazy desire to go mountain biking. I've researched good bikes, trails, how to's, etc, getting myself syked for this coming spring. Why? Well I've decided to invest in a mountain bike. I plan on hitting up trails locally and taking a few trips down to Southern Utah to hit up some trails down there. Figured it would be a good "celebration" for graduating, a milestone in college!

Who knows what will happen this next year. I'm to the point now where I'm game for anything. I'm starting to poke my head around looking for a more permanent job that will be something I can grow in, and make better money with good benefits. As of now its tough since I don't have that little paper saying I'm smart in college yet, haha.

That's about it on the update on my life. Nothing too new in the dating world, been off and on with people, but that's the way it goes. It's been nice having some family down here in Utah! I've got my brother here going to BYU, and then my sister is up in Idaho going to BYUI, so that's fairly close. Unfortunately I'm not able to go home for Christmas this year. Other than the mission this will be the first time that I won't be home for Christmas. Kind of sucks actually, but my brother isn't able to go back either, so we'll kicking here in Utah for the holidays! Which is just fine, I've got plenty of extended family here. For New Years I'm heading up to California with my room mate to go visit a friend, gonna have a huge party/dance at a millionaires home, chill on the beach, and relax in the WARMTH!!! I so need it! I want my shorts and sandals back! Well Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years everyone! Well if anyone even reads this, lol.

No comments: